Ace Cosplay Patches-Badges Sourcing and Searching

The main forum! Come and discuss, ask for help, offer advice, share stories, and generally do that for which this forum was created!

Re: Ace Cosplay Patches-Badges Sourcing and Searching

Postby bluebirdgm » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:23 pm

davidnagel wrote:What a find! And well done!

Re: lacrosse, these guys do (an unfortunately expensive) one http://www.schooltogs.com/schooltogs/ma ... OSSE-BADGE

The price isn't too bad considering how much some of the other flair has cost me, but I wonder if there's any chance we can ask for it to come in blue?
bluebirdgm

Postby davidnagel » Wed May 06, 2015 6:19 am

I meant to say, I acquired a bunch of the Fire Brigade buttons - so if anyone is interested in acquiring one (£1 each + p&p to you, wherever you are) then give me a shout!

Re: Lacrosse, I will give them a call and see what can be done.
davidnagel

Postby tardybox » Sat May 09, 2015 5:45 pm

davidnagel wrote:I meant to say, I acquired a bunch of the Fire Brigade buttons - so if anyone is interested in acquiring one (£1 each + p&p to you, wherever you are) then give me a shout!

Re: Lacrosse, I will give them a call and see what can be done.

Hiya, completely new to this forum but looking to get together badges for my Ace cosplay! davidnagel and anyone else's advice is greatly appreciated... I know I won't be able to get everything by the end of the month for Comicon (in sunny Phoenix, Arizona!), but I got the Ace Roofing Co. etc set from Spoonflower and picked up a few pins / a NASA patch from local army surplus... Anyway just wanted to say hi to anyone who's watching this forum, I'll be looking through this thread for more ideas! <3
tardybox

Postby elphie romana » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:46 am

I'd be willing to buy a brigade button if you have some left!

I'm JUST starting out on working on mine, hoping t have it done by Phoenix TARDIS in July. I;ve just put in orders for a large portion of the pins/patches that I need, and I will probably make a lot of the patches out of canvas and printed iron-ons, like the SBI patch, etc. Here's a list of what I'm having a hard time finding (of course, most of them are the obvious hard to get ones)

-Pirate Pin
-Football Pin
-HD Eagle Free to Fly pin
-Brands Hatch pin
-BSA patch *I can deal and make this one if I can't find it*
-Charlton Athletic pin
-Lacrosse pin
-Fanderson badge

Any suggestions on where to find them or have them made? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, quick question, on the whinnie the Pooh pin, I feel like someone mentioned to me at some point that it was NOT pooh, but in fact Better Boop (Or I'm crazy and imagining that??) If this is the case, what does it look like? And where the devil does it go on the jacket?
Last edited by elphie romana on Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
elphie romana

Postby bluebirdgm » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:48 am

elphie romana wrote:Also, quick question, on the whinnie the Pooh pin, I feel like someone mentioned to me at some point that it was NOT pooh, but in fact Better Boop (Or I'm crazy and imagining that??) If this is the case, what does it look like? And where the devil does it go on the jacket?

I'm not sure if it's the one that's being confused for Winnie the Pooh (afaik there is no Pooh pin), but here's what the Betty Boop pin looks like and where it goes:
bluebirdgm

Postby elphie romana » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:50 am

Sweet! Thanks! Ordered a Betty Boop pin today, not quite the exact one, but it will do for now! I also managed to score the right Ride to Live pin as well. ;D my jacket came in today, and I've gathered a stockpile of pins that have gotten here already. Fingers crossed everything gets here by Phoenix TARDIS in July!!
elphie romana

Postby tardybox » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:16 pm

elphie romana wrote:Sweet! Thanks! Ordered a Betty Boop pin today, not quite the exact one, but it will do for now! I also managed to score the right Ride to Live pin as well. ;D my jacket came in today, and I've gathered a stockpile of pins that have gotten here already. Fingers crossed everything gets here by Phoenix TARDIS in July!!

Oh my, I think I know who this is ;) We'll be twinsies at Phoenix TARDIS, MM!

*edit* Oh and I just ordered the lacrosse badge here, it's cheaper than it was before I think :D

http://www.schooltogs.com/index.php?rou ... h=lacrosse
tardybox

Postby Ktbergeron » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Well,...it's been quite some time since I've posted here...but I thought that you might all like to see a few of the new discoveries. These discoveries are regarding that coat as it originally appeared...in Dragonfire.
Attachments
7G-BBC-308.jpg
7G-BBC-308.jpg (305.68 KiB) Viewed 238 times
7G-BBC-307.jpg
7G-BBC-307.jpg (312.02 KiB) Viewed 238 times
7G-048.jpg
7G-048.jpg (551.16 KiB) Viewed 238 times
7G-011.jpg
7G-011.jpg (430.94 KiB) Viewed 238 times
Ktbergeron

Postby Ktbergeron » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:35 pm

The first one you may have seen,...it's on Ace's left arm. I've never found one, but this is one a couple of images that would allow a decent replica. I've contacted many places/fairs/amusement parks etc. that claim to have a "Western World" across the UK and America and no one recognizes it. I'm currently working on a couple more leads. Will obviously post the findings here.
Attachments
photo5.jpg
photo5.jpg (38.6 KiB) Viewed 238 times
Ktbergeron

Postby Ktbergeron » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:37 pm

You may also notice from the above Ace pictures that only the blue Blue Peter badge is on Ace's right chest, while the white one is on her left arm. Additionally, the earlier discovered Pirate Face badge,...there are 2 of.
Ktbergeron

PreviousNext

Return to DOCTOR WHO COSTUMING