2017 PHOTO SHOOT AND MEET-UPS

Herein find contained everything pertaining to Dragon*Con, the world's biggest volunteer-run convention! Look here for news about the parade, dinner, photo and video shoots, meet-ups, and anything else we happen to come up with.

Re: 2017 PHOTO SHOOT

Postby Pirogoeth » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:15 am

Twilight Trekker wrote:3. It would also be really nice if everyone would post their Prydon Academy photos somewhere and post links to their locations here so everyone can see them.

Do you mean like the Prydon Academy Photo Gallery on Flickr?
~Courtney

I'm reversing it, you're reversing it back again. We're confusing the polarity.
Pirogoeth

Postby loomborn » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:05 am

Twilight Trekker wrote:My photos from last year were not that great I had to do a lot of photo shop work on them to salvage just a few of them. Sadly I'm short and I have a crappy phone camera. But this year I am still short and still have a crappy phone camera that can't zoom but:
1. Could we ask that no one sits on the steps watching while photos are being staged and taken?
2. Can we ask the "real photographers" with the "great cameras" to back up a little after they get their shots so that those of us with phones could get shots without their heads being in the way.
3. It would also be really nice if everyone would post their Prydon Academy photos somewhere and post links to their locations here so everyone can see them.

Personal request - if you have an "awesome camera" and go to a Doctor Who panel could you please take some good photos and share them here. Short people with phones that can't zoom take crappy panel photos. :(

Thank you for reading :)

Those sound like good suggestions, TT, and we'll take them on board. I'll talk to Colley, our photo shoot boffin, about them.

As for posting photos, yes! Dino, I take your point about hosting them here directly, and while that's definitely a good solution for the odd photo, when it comes to whole galleries, as Pirogoeth says, we have a Flickr group! Unfortunately, a couple of years after we launched it, Facebook became the internet's go-to repository for all things, and most of our photographers now prefer to host their images on the PA Facebook page or their own FB pages. I would love to get people posting in the Flickr group again, not least because not everyone is on Facebook.

-A
loomborn
Site Admin

Postby galacticprobe » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:25 am

loomborn wrote:As for posting photos, yes! ...when it comes to whole galleries, as Pirogoeth says, we have a Flickr group! Unfortunately, a couple of years after we launched it, Facebook became the internet's go-to repository for all things... I would love to get people posting in the Flickr group again, not least because not everyone is on Facebook.

I resemble that last remark! :D (And I am unanimous in that. ;) ) I've looked through the PA Flickr group and saw some astounding photos in there! (I even found a few nice ones of me in my 2nd and 9th Doctor personnas.) So I agree it would be great if people posted their photos in there. Then can still post them on Facebook, but it would be nice if they posted then on the PA Flickr Group as well. (At least then there is a duplicate in case one of the sites crashes, which can happen; I've also known people that have posted photos from birthday parties and weddings on Facebook only to have the Facebook people delete them without explanation. We'd still have those photos in another place so they wouldn't be lost.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"
galacticprobe

Re: 2017 PHOTO SHOOT AND MEET-UPS

Postby wildpens » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Count me in Michael Snell
wildpens

Postby deidrekim » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Any chance that the group could move inside after the wide-angle shots? It's so hot outside. And the Hilton has these lobby areas every five floors or so. PA would need to claim one in advance, probably.
Wholanta May 5-7, 2017
http://www.wholanta.com

Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story. ~ Mason Cooley
Join http://dw-cosplay.livejournal.com/profile !
deidrekim

Postby loomborn » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:10 am

bdoob wrote:Should we meet for in-costume Doctor Who Trivial Pursuit? :)

I kinda love that idea. Maybe not the in-costume part, I think that might get uncomfortable for a lot of people, but the game part! I'm tempted to suggest we do it during the group dinner...
loomborn
Site Admin

Postby aztiluna13 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi! First time doing the Doctor Who photoshoot. I now know where I have to go but do I have to check in with someone there? And do I get a copy of the photo or do I download online?
aztiluna13

Postby loomborn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:06 pm

aztiluna13 wrote:Hi! First time doing the Doctor Who photoshoot. I now know where I have to go but do I have to check in with someone there? And do I get a copy of the photo or do I download online?

Hello! Nope, no need to check in. When you get there it'll be hard to miss us. As for photos, there will be many people with many cameras there, and the results will all be posted online.

-Andy
loomborn
Site Admin

Postby Doctor 7 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:21 pm

We, and our bots will of course be there for Photo and Video Shoot shenanigans.
Doctor 7

Postby loomborn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Hey, all...

Does everyone remember the TARDIS Clown Car video from several years ago? We filmed the raw footage to edit together a video of the entire group stepping out of the TARDIS one after another. Unfortunately, the footage went missing and we were never able to put it together...

We're thinking about re-filming it at this year's Photo Shoot. Before we line up a TARDIS and press Sean Spain into service as our cameraman and director, though, we want to make sure there's interest!

There's not much effort involved... after the photo shoot, we'd all adjourn to the inside of the Hilton where the TARDIS would be set up. We'd have a camera on a tripod, and we'd film everyone exiting the box one at a time. The rest would happen later in editing. Whaddya think, should we give it another try?

-A
loomborn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DRAGON*CON 2017