Spammers

If there's anything posted here, it's something to do with the forum or the site which is both vitally important and really interesting!

Spammers

Postby galacticprobe » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:14 pm

Greetings, All,

I'm sure you've all noticed the unusual increase in spam activity lately. I don't think anyone is sure why that's happened, but there is no need to "Report" any of those spam postings you might come across (just to save yourselves some grief, and time, by having to go through that process).

I've been checking in on the Forum several times throughout the day (usually every few hours or so), and as soon as I see a spam message the first thing I do is ban the member who posted it, and then I delete the offending message (or in some cases where a spammer has flooded the boards during the night while I'm sleeping, I delete all messages bright and early in the morning, Eastern US Time).

I just wanted to let everyone know that Andy (loomborn) is well aware of the problem, and I'm keeping watch on it to make sure it's taken care of as soon as I see it. So if you see something that looks like a spam message, just ignore it. I'll deal with it, and the spammer!

Dino.
Global Moderator,
(and Spam Police)
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"
galacticprobe

Re: Spammers

Postby NamelessBaroness » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Thanks for all your hard work!
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting. ~Three

Good grief.... It's a Stegosaurus! ~Also Three
NamelessBaroness

Re: Spammers

Postby galacticprobe » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:52 pm

:) My pleasure, Baroness. (Anything to help keep our Forum clean of that stuff.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"
galacticprobe

Return to IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS