New/True Paradigm Dalek

Share and discuss your props and plans, from Ace's bat to Zygon ships!

New/True Paradigm Dalek

Postby redtrailhawk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:59 am

Thanks Galactic Probe! I really appreciate the encouragement. I am trying to have this ready by the end of the month for dragon con- that is why I am working so furiously !
I just finished gluing the neck rings together so its too late! That would have been a great idea - I am not opposed to making a mold of this for later. I paid dearly for the moflash lenses so I should at least make a mold of those since they are unobtainable now , Tonight I was also making a mold for the dome out of smooth on mold max stroke. I will rotocast it with a polyester resin and bondo mixture (cheaper than gelcoat) I will keep posting my progress- If I have time your idea of a functional blaster sounds great! I can always add it later if needed- thanks again for the kind words- regards- AllenImage
redtrailhawk

Re: New/True Paradigm Dalek

Postby redtrailhawk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:31 pm

ImageImage

Cutting out skirt panels from foam and will coat with epsilon epoxy foam coat. These will have cut outs for small domes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redtrailhawk

Postby redtrailhawk » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:56 am

ImageImage

redtrailhawk

Postby redtrailhawk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Finally finished. My son and I had a great time in the Dragoncon parade Image

redtrailhawk

Postby galacticprobe » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:30 am

Well... okay. In a word...

WOW!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"
galacticprobe

Postby redtrailhawk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Thanks !! We had a blast at Dragon con
redtrailhawk

Postby galacticprobe » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:51 pm

How can anyone not have a "blast" anywhere in a Dalek? :lol:

(Great pun, redtrailhawk!) Glad you had fun. One of these years I'll make it down there.

A good friend of ours managed to get there. She's been a friend of our daughter's (The Evil One) since at least 5th Grade, so she's become like one of the family. She was down there with her Uncle, who's been going to Cons with her forever, I think, since he's also into all manners of SF, Fantasy, and Steam Punk (they're usually gory zombies together). Her boyfriend was also down there, I think. Anyway, she found that great TARDIS in the lobby and posed with it. (She sent us this photo since she knows I love TARDISes:)
DragonConTARDIS.jpg
DragonConTARDIS.jpg (40.2 KiB) Viewed 35 times

You may have seen her posing with your Dalek at some point. If you see anyone resembling her in one of your photos, please let me know. The wife and I send photos to The Evil One, who's teaching English in Japan for a few years, to keep her up to speed on what friends and family are getting up to, and her friend with a Dalek would make a perfect match with this photo.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"
galacticprobe

Postby redtrailhawk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Dino-
Thanks again- I am glad you thought that was "punny". LOL!

I think she may have taken our picture but I am not sure-I think I remember seeing her -ask her if she saw the bright orange Dalek. We did not get a pic of her though. I Hope you do get to come- its alot of fun- let me know if you are coming next. My son will be piloting the dalek again - hopefully with power this time!
Take care- Allen-
redtrailhawk

Previous

Return to DOCTOR WHO PROP-MAKING