Silver Nemesis McCoy Watch progress

Share and discuss your props and plans, from Ace's bat to Zygon ships!

Silver Nemesis McCoy Watch progress

Postby Terrasolo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:21 pm

I finally started working on my Silver Nemesis Seventh Doctor pocket watch. Had this for what feels like forever now and just didn't want to see it as a project sitting in the wings any longer. I grabbed some enamel paints over the weekend and began the work. My only issue with it right now is that I picked up a metallic red by mistake so I need to go back and get the proper one when time permits. I also painted the inside of the lid the flat black to match the screen used prop. As it stands now I do have the Casio Twin Graph II watch ready to go inside but I am on hold pending the inner faceplate project.

All in all I am quite happy with the finished results, the red issue aside (as well as removing some of the green from the left side of the watch face), and very excited to see the project completed so the quest is on for the inner faceplate!
Terrasolo

Re: Silver Nemesis McCoy Watch progress

Postby Dr Seven » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Great job so far! You were able to find the right case design. I have a worn, silver finish that I've been contemplating for a gold leaf job, but I just secured one in a gold finish. I also have a Twin Graph movement and need to make the face plate. It won't happen for Gallifrey next week, but I now have most of what I need. Keep the progress reports coming!!
Dr Seven

Postby Terrasolo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:47 pm

Thanks! I've had this watch for almost two years now I think. Been waiting on various face plate projects for the inner plate. Looking into a few options now but if you have any luck let me know, otherwise I'll post what I find here. Due to various power outages here with the ice storms I wasn't able to get the red corrected yet but I do have a hopeful working on the face plate. fingers crossed. My hope is to keep the lid release button still active when the watch is complete rather than pry it open like Sylvester.

As for the color of the watch, mine is more of a bronze than gold but it's a subtle difference to be honest. The face art was too perfect to worry about the subtle color difference.
Terrasolo

Postby Terrasolo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:32 am

A couple of days agot I was able to find a proper red match and fixed all the red areas. So happy I did too, the metallic red I accidentally used before looked for are pink to me than red.

Terrasolo

Postby Terrasolo » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:39 am

After I posted the picture above some of the faceplate arrived in the mail and I fitted this one in with the Casio Twin Graph II watch. This is not finished, I'll still need the seven black buttons, three ball barings and two metal pins. But before I do all of that I do have an alternate faceplate on the way with buttons attached that I want to try first. That should be another week or two before it arrives.

Terrasolo

Postby Twilight Trekker » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Hello,

Great work on the watch did you ever take any photos of the finished product. I was watching The Silver Nemesis and got a photo of the original.
20170620_015854 r.jpg
20170620_015854 r.jpg (66.63 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Where did you get the Silver Nemesis Watch case. You are doing a marvelous job on it. I am putting together a 7th Doctor costume for DragonCon and I had no idea that the watch was even a possibility.

If you do read this would you please post where you found the watch case colored paint and the clockworks. I now have my watch and my silver "snake" or "coil" chain.
Thank you.
Twilight Trekker

Return to DOCTOR WHO PROP-MAKING